GLAM-WIKI 2015/Proposals/Museums' Linked Open Data publication with Wikidata
Naar navigatie springen Naar zoeken springen
This is an accepted submission for GLAM-WIKI 2015.
- Submission no. GW15.1017
- Title of the submission
- Museums' Linked Open Data publication with Wikidata
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Barbara Dierickx
- Country of origin
- PACKED vzw
- Personal homepage or blog
- Twitter username
- Facebook url
- Abstract (How) Can Wikidata help you to spread information about your museum collection?
- Detailed proposal PACKED vzw is a Belgian Centre of Expertise in Digital Heritage (non-profit). Currently we're running a project involving 7 museums (of contemporary and fine arts) whereby we're helping them to create persistent URI's for over 34.000 works of art they hold in their collections. Wikidata's Q-numbers have been used in one of the first project phases to identify artists having a Wikipedia page, and adding this info to the artwork record in the museum's system. We're now looking to not just enrich the museums' data, but also contribute it back to the Wiki community. Our aim is to submit the persistent URIs about these works of art to Wikidata. This would also allow the museums to publish Linked Open Data about their collection through an already existing infrastructure, while also enriching Wikipedia. The data would act as a placeholder on the work of art, eventually paving the way for actual content (not just data) contribution to Wikimedia. In this pitch session we want to a) explain our project proposal b) learn from Wikidata experienced users how we could go about handling this c) get to know Wikimedia-community people who want to work with us on realising this project (and yes, we have some funding).
None of these above
- Length of presentation/talk
- 10 Minutes + discussion
- Target audience
- We're looking for Wikidata entusiasts or volunteers with some degree of experience in the field of Wikidata data submission. Looking for tips&tricks to model our data and upload them to Wikidata.
- Expected outcomes
- We would get an insight in how Wikidata works/what is expected from the side of Wikimedia in a project like ours
- Will you attend GLAM-WIKI 2015 if your submission is not accepted?
- Yes, but only on Friday
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Can only present on Thursday or Friday (i.e. NOT in the weekend)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Multichill (overleg) 1 mrt 2015 11:15 (CET)
- DivadH (overleg) 1 mrt 2015 11:40 (CET)
- Kippelboy (overleg) 5 mrt 2015 05:34 (CET)
- ESM (overleg) 8 mrt 2015 19:21 (CET)
- Leela0808 (overleg) 9 mrt 2015 11:01 (CET)
- Axel Pettersson (WMSE) (overleg) 12 mrt 2015 15:06 (CET)
- E.Doornbusch (overleg) 12 mrt 2015 20:46 (CET)
- Susannaanas (overleg) 18 mrt 2015 13:24 (CET)
- Jane023 (overleg) 2 apr 2015 16:57 (CEST)
- DerekvG (overleg) 2 apr 2015 17:25 (CEST) on friday
- Add your username here.