GLAM-WIKI 2015/Proposals/A short story about a successful GLAM partnership in Latin America
Naar navigatie springen Naar zoeken springen
This is an accepted submission for GLAM-WIKI 2015.
- Submission no. GW15.1001
- Title of the submission
- A short story about a successful GLAM partnership in Latin America
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Christian Cariño Cerón Martínez
- Country of origin
- Personal homepage or blog
- Twitter username
- Facebook url
- Brief talk about how the GLAM collaborations could be a successful experience for contributors and institutions.
- Detailed proposal
- The GLAM collaborations could be a successful experience for the movement, contributors, institutions and for the archive itself. Build a solid partnership, helps to keep editors improving the wikimedia projects, creating more articles on Wikipedia, releasing pictures or original documents on commons, even when the collaborations finished. At this moment, WMMX has the first wikipedian in residence in Latin America at Soumaya Museum, improving and creating articles about art. Also, we have the unique radio show on FM about Wikipedia.
- Length of presentation/talk
- 15 minutes for talk, 10 minutes for questions
- Target audience
- General public
- Expected outcomes
- Share our experiences in our context with other GLAMmers, view our challenges and compare the challenges from others to have more learning.
- Will you attend GLAM-WIKI 2015 if your submission is not accepted?
- Just in case to obtain a scholarship
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).