GLAM-WIKI 2015/Proposals/Difficulties of running GLAM projects in Asia
This is an accepted submission for GLAM-WIKI 2015.
- Submission no. GW15.1005
- Title of the submission
- Difficulties of running GLAM projects in Asia
- Type of submission
- Presentation and Discussion
- Author of the submission
- Venus Lui , Liang-chih Shang Kuan
- Country of origin
- Hong Kong , Taiwan
- Wikimedia Hong Kong , Wikimedia Taiwan
- E-mail address
- firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- venuslui , shangkuanlc
- Personal homepage or blog
- Twitter username
- Facebook url
- The presentation will focus on the difficulties on running GLAM project.
- Detailed proposal
- In the presentation I will talk about the difficulties of running the GLAM project. In Asia, most museums are operated by the government and it is not easy for us to run the GLAM project. Also the copyright in Asia is different from Europe. It is difficult for the Wikimedia community in Asia to ask the people who possess those artworks to share on Wikipedia. The session will also give room for the discussion with participant about the possibilities of developing the project in Asia.
We will focus mainly on cases of East and South East Asia, i.e. Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia.
- Length of presentation/talk
- 20-25 minutes
- Target audience
- Expected outcomes
- The development of GLAM project in Asia will be better.
- Will you attend GLAM-WIKI 2015 if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- in the process of making...
- Special requests
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).