GLAM-WIKI 2015/Proposals/GLAMwiki Toolset introduction
This is an accepted submission for GLAM-WIKI 2015.
- Submission no. GW15.1010
- Title of the submission
- Introduction to the GLAMwiki Toolset
- Type of submission
- Presentation (perhaps some interaction)
- Author of the submission
- Liam Wyatt
- Country of origin
- Netherlands (Italy/Australia)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Twitter username
Introducing the GLAMwiki Toolset, the first standardised, mass-upload system for Wikimedia Commons. Learn how to use this powerful tool designed specifically to assist GLAMs to get their multimedia exposed to the widest possible audience - on Wikipedia Articles.
- Detailed proposal
This presentation will not be an in-depth or "practical" session to undertake your own upload. It will however give the attendees the understanding of what they need to do to use the tool.
Further to the above, this presentation will also include a explanation of the "GWT v.2" development work that will (funding pending) be beginning soon. This is an excellent opportunity for new GWT users to share their thoughts on how the system could be improved.
- Length of presentation/talk
- 25 Minutes (Longer is, of course, possible but this would be the minimum)
- Target audience
- GLAMs and Wikimedians who have a middle-level technical knowledge - specifically they know how to export a dataset from their collection.
- Expected outcomes
- Awareness of, and interest in, using the GLAMwiki Toolset for sharing content to Wikimedia Commons
- Will you attend GLAM-WIKI 2015 if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Presentation could be delivered by one (or several) people, including:
- Dan Entous (GWT developer
- Liam Wyatt (Europeana Wikimedia liason)
- David Haskiya (Europeana product manager)
- Sebastiaan Ter Burg (Wikimedia Netherlands GLAMwiki Coordinator)
- Jesse de Vos (Wikimedia Nederlands GLAMwiki project manager)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).