One of the main goals of the conference is to connect Wikimedians/Wikipedians and GLAM professionals that are cooperating in GLAM-WIKI projects around the world. There are several scholarships available to make sure that people from all over the globe can participate.
Who can apply?
Who is eligible for a scholarship?
- Active Wikipedians and/or Wikimedians with a strong interest in GLAM projects.
- Representatives from GLAMs (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums). Both content owners (e.g. collection specialists) and technical staff are welcome.
- Policy makers.
- Content creators. Makers who create and/or work with freely licensed content.
- Representatives of affiliated and related organisations and projects that might be inspirational for this conference.
Criteria for eligibility
Please only apply for a scholarship if your organisation or affiliation can’t fund you.
Scholarship applications will be weighed and ranked according to several criteria, including
- The applicant’s level of activity and expertise in Wikimedia projects and/or GLAMs;
- The applicant’s track record;
- Diversity of backgrounds of the applicants. We aim for a diverse and global audience;
- The applicant’s potential. We encourage the participation of promising, young and beginning GLAM-WIKI affiliates.
- You can apply for a scholarship from January 30 to February 25, 2015 5pm CET (Amsterdam).
- The Program Committee advises the board of Wikimedia Nederland about the allocation of the scholarships. The board of Wikimedia Nederland makes the final decision.
- Scholarships will be announced mid March.
Need a Visa?
The scholarship application deadline has closed. We thank everyone who applied. Applicants will be notified mid-March 2015.