Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums & Wikimedia / Fri 10 - Sun 12 April 2015
|Info & News||Registration||Programme||For speakers||Accommodation||Travel||The Hague||Challenge||Credits & Thanks|
Join the Global South GLAM-WIKI 2015 Challenge!
The GLAM-WIKI 2015 programme committee invites conference participants (and everyone else...) to help edit Wikipedia articles about Global South GLAMs.
One of the big challenges for GLAM institutions is improving the articles about their gallery, library, archive or museum without breaching the “conflict of interest” guidelines.
- Improve or translate or create a Wikipedia article about a GLAM in the Global South. Indicate which article(s) you have worked on below.
- You can also work on these institutions' information on Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons...
- The programme committee will showcase the most improved article(s) by the end of GLAM-WIKI 2015.
Possible topics (feel free to add to the list!)
Lists of museums, libraries, galleries
Pick your own from one of these lists:
- List of national museums on English Wikipedia and on Wikidata
- List of national and state libraries on English Wikipedia and on Wikidata
- List of national archives on English Wikipedia and on Wikidata
- List of museums in Zimbabwe
- List of some of the museums in South Africa
- List of museums in Ghana
- List of Libraries in Ghana
- National Museums of Kenya
- List of museums in Chile
- Balme Library, University of Ghana
Articles that need help! (add your own!)
- National Museum of Vanuatu (English Wikipedia)
- Swaziland National Library Service (English Wikipedia)
- Al-Assad National Library (Syria) (English Wikipedia)
- Mongolian National Modern Art Gallery (English Wikipedia)
- National Gallery of Zimbabwe
- Manhyia Palace Museum
- National Museum of Ghana
- Yaa Asantewaa Museum
- National Archives of Zimbabwe
- Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum
- South African Jewish Museum
Articles that need creating!! (please add your own)
- The Iziko collection of Museums
- Genealogical Institute of South Africa
- Cape Craft and Design Institute
- Irma Stern Museum
- Marvol Museum
Add your signature below, add the articles you have improved/created, and eventually your other contributions!
- Added 'instance of' national museum / national library / national archives to a few hundreds of institutions on Wikidata (see above)
- Will use Global South GLAM institutions as case studies during Wikidata tutorial at GLAM-WIKI 2015
- Национальная галерея Зимбабве — Russian translation/version of National Gallery of Zimbabwe
- Список музеев мира — added 26 musea from Ghana to the list of musea on Russian Wikipedia
- Музей Хайракс Хилл — Russian translation and improvement of Hyrax Hill Museum in Kenya
- Изико-музеи — Russian translation of Anna’s list in the English Wikipedia (Iziko Museums)
- wikipedia:zh:蘭達考古博物館 : Full translation from French article "Lamta Archaeological Museum", Tunisia into Chinese.
- wikipedia:zh:曼谷國立博物館 : Part translation from English "Bangkok National Museum", Thailand into Chinese.
- Aklatan ng Al-Assad - Translated the English article on the "Al-Assad National Library" into Tagalog.
- Manhyia Palace Museum - Added some detail to said English article.
- Stroopwafel - Translated the Enlish article on the "Stroopwafel" into Tagalog. I know this has nothing to do with the Global South challenge, but I just love stroopwafels so much.