GLAM-WIKI 2015/For speakers
Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums & Wikimedia / Fri 10 - Sun 12 April 2015
|Info & News
|Credits & Thanks
Information for speakers at GLAM-WIKI 2015.
Do I need to buy a ticket for the conference?
If you speak at GLAM-WIKI but if you do not have a scholarship, you are on the guest list for the day on which you are presenting.
Would you like to attend the conference for more than one day? In that case, we kindly ask you to purchase a conference ticket. As a speaker, you can choose the discounted option for Wikipedians/Wikimedians - 27,50 EUR.
If you do have a scholarship, you are automatically registered for all three days of the conference.
- Please bring your own laptop, if you have one. Don't forget to bring your own VGA adaptor if needed.
- Please bring a power adapter for Dutch electricity sockets (see image).
- Don't have your own laptop? Please bring your presentation on a USB stick.
Be in time for your presentation / session!
Please be present in your presentation's room 10 minutes before the start of the session, so that your laptop and presentation can be tested.
Tips on the contents of your talk
Most participants of the GLAM-WIKI conference are Wikimedia and/or GLAM-WIKI volunteers who already have some experience with organizing and running projects. A few questions and tips to make your presentation most interesting for the audience:
- Keep it short. Each presentation must be maximum 15 or 20 minutes, depending on the track. This leaves time for questions.
- Emphasise your project's most unique characteristics. How is your project different from others?
- Which results did you hope and expect to achieve? Which results did you actually achieve? Where are the differences, and why?
- Did you obtain any unexpected insights? Which?
- In every project, mistakes are made and things go wrong. These are usually very interesting to learn from. Don't be afraid to talk about these - people won't judge you, on the contrary!
Sharing your presentation after GLAM-WIKI 2015
We encourage you to share your presentation online after GLAM-WIKI 2015!
- If possible, release your presentation under a Wikimedia-compatible Creative Commons license (PD, CC-BY, CC-BY-SA).
- In that case, you can upload your presentation to Wikimedia Commons. Please add it to the category GLAM-WIKI: NL 2015 presentations there.
The social media hashtag for the conference is #glamwiki.