GLAM-WIKI 2015/Programme/Workshops/EU copyright
Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums & Wikimedia / Fri 10 - Sun 12 April 2015
|Info & News||Registration||Programme||For speakers||Accommodation||Travel||The Hague||Challenge||Credits & Thanks|
EU copyright reform: how to help?
A workshop following Paul Keller's keynote speech, on the current EU copyright reform procedure. What's the importance for GLAM representatives and Wikipedians, and how can we help?
Original proposal: The Twilight of EU Copyright Reform, or, How to reform with a hammer
After years of circular conversation the European Union insitutions are finally resolute to change copyright. Wikimedia, Europeana and other cultural institutions are on the forefront of trying to strengthen and safeguard the public commons. What exactly is on the table? Are there possible changes that could help your organisation with its daily work? How your organisation make itself effectively heard?
In this workshop the two hosts, who are working on advocating for free knowledge and the public domain in Europe, will:
- Update you on the copyright reform debate from the perspective of European cultural/heritage organisations
- Inform you which coalitions & networks exist that you can possibly be part of
- Acquaint you with advocacy tools you can use to make yourself heard
- Work with you on creating you own advocacy strategy
- Work with you on targeting relevant decision-makers and wording the right message